Split: Day-Trip to Zadar
Pickup includedWe will pick up on your Hotel.....
- Visit Zadar's old town
- Experience St. Donatus
- Head the sea organ
- Encounter the Greeting to the Sun, an interactive art installation
This mix of ancient relics, Habsburg elegance, coastal setting and unsightly tower blocks is what gives Zadar so much character. It's no Dubrovnik, but it's not a museum town either. This is a living, vibrant city, enjoyed by residents and visitors alike.
The organ looks like a series of broad steps leading down into the water, but there's actually very clever engineering hiding under the surface.The lower steps allow water and air to flow in. That water and air is then funneled into resonant chambers under the steps, and pushed out through the channels on the upper stairs, seen here. These cause the undulating, chime-like notes to be produced. Because the sea is always shifting and changing, the sea organ never sounds exactly the same twice, with each sound you hear being completely unique.
- Round-trip private transfer
- All activities
- Transport by private vehicle
- Fuel surcharge
- Environmental management charge (reef tax)
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Airport taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Entrance fees