Uluru: Sacred Sites & Sunset Tour with Wine & Cheeseboard
Pickup includedPick-up from your hotel.
- Watch the spectacular sunset over Uluru and see the colors of the sky and rock change before your eyes
- Sip a glass of sparkling wine, enjoy delicious nibbles and plenty of iconic photo opportunities
- Discover detailed information about Aboriginal culture, beliefs and cultural stories
- Visit the famous Mutitjulu Waterhole, learn its significance to the local people and see ancient Aboriginal rock paintings
Get explanations about the extraordinary site from your driver/guide, and hear about the numerous sacred sites found there. Continue to the Kuniya Walk, where your driver/guide will escort you to the beautiful Mutitjulu Waterhole. See Aboriginal rock paintings, and learn more about the area as you are shown some of the native flora and given details of both the Aboriginal and European history of Uluru.
Next, go to the Uluru-Kata Tjuta Cultural Centre and learn about Aboriginal culture. Look at fine examples of Aboriginal arts and crafts, and then journey back to the rock in time to watch the sunset from the viewing area. Marvel at the striking color changes on the rock as you enjoy nibbles and a complimentary glass of wine.
Learn about the night sky from your driver/guide, and get information about some of the constellations made visible by the use of a high beam spotlight (weather permitting). Listen to Aboriginal stories about the stars before your journey back to Ayers Rock Resort.
- Nibbles and drinks while watching the sunset
- Transportation by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Live commentary on board
- Entrance fee to Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park (AU$25.00 per adult and AU$12.50 per child)
Prepare for the activity
• Bring a jumper as it can cool down at night during winter months
• Comfortable walking shoes are encouraged