Kata Tjuta: Small Group Sunrise Tour with Picnic Breakfast
- Visit the famous Walpa Gorge
- Witness Kata Tjuta's magical domes as the sun rises
- Enjoy a delicious outback picnic breakfast prepared by your guide
- Experience this tour in a small group: ask as many questions as you like
- Learn about history, geology, flora, fauna and the cultural significance of all you see
On arrival at the viewing area, walk to the best vantage point to see the 36 domes that comprise this spiritual place while watching the sun's morning glow as the desert comes alive. Make your way to the western side of Kata Tjuta where you will have the opportunity to relax and enjoy an outback picnic breakfast. As you approach the entrance to Walpa Gorge, named for the wind (Walpa) that whistles between the massive domes that shape Kata Tjuta, the result of aeons of weathering and continual upheaval, your guide will share the significance of this sacred ceremonial site.
Take a stroll between these mighty conglomerate rock walls as your guide explains how the environment and the geology have evolved over millions of years. Your guide will return you to your accommodation at Ayers Rock Resort at the end of the tour.
- 5-hour fully guided tour
- Optional iPod audio in 6 languages: French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Mandarin
- Outback picnic breakfast
- Pick-up and return from Ayers Rock Resort
- 1 bottle of water
- National Park entry tickets to Uluru Kata Tjuta National Park
Prepare for the activity
For Ayers Rock campground, pick up is from the campground bus stop out the front. Pick-up will be from hotel reception within Ayers Rock Resort. For Emu Walk Apartments, pick-up is at Desert Gardens Hotel (located next door). For The Lost Camel, pick-up is at Sails in the Desert (located next door). All pickups will be from the front of the hotel receptions.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Infant price includes touring and car seat hire.
• This tour takes place with a small group of maximum 11 people