Full-Day Yorkshire Dales Tour from Windermere
- Explore the beautiful Yorkshire landscape
- See the spectacular viaducts and the Settle to Carlisle railway
- Visit Bolton Castle, where Mary, Queen of Scots was imprisoned
After lunch visit Bolton Castle, where Mary, Queen of Scots was held as a prisoner. Take a journey up the valley to the spectacular Aysgarth Waterfalls.
From the waterfalls head to Hawes, where you’ll stop before continuing on to the lovely village of Dent, famous for the Dent knitters and brewery.
The return trip to Windermere takes a different route, travelling via Kirkby Lonsdale.
This tour operates on Wednesdays from Windermere and Bowness, with a departure time of 09:30 AM and a return time of 05:45 PM.
- Tour commentary
Prepare for the activity
• This tour is unsuitable for children under 5
• All passengers must have their own seat
• There is space on-board for hand luggage. For anything larger there is luggage storage at the Windermere Tourist Information Center
• Timings may vary depending on traffic and weather
• Minimal walking is required but do wear sensible shoes and bring a light rain coat