Warsaw: 3-Hour Communism Tour in an Original Socialist Van
Pickup optionalPickup is possible from selected hotels in the center of the Warsaw only (3 or more tour participants are required). Contact the tour supplier directly in order to make pickup arrangements and to see if your hotel is eligible for the service. For parties of less than 3 participants, or if you are staying outside the selected area, you must make your own way to one of the following meeting points: • City enter of Warsaw – Hard Rock Café (under the guitar) – Złota 59, Warszawa • The Old Town – under the Sigmund Column on the Castle Square – plac Zamkowy, Warszawa
- Learn about Poland’s socialist history as you tour around Warsaw in a Nysa 522, an original socialist-style van
- Explore the famous communist sites in Warsaw, including Constitution Square and the Ministry of Agriculture
- Visit the heart of socialism at the old seat of the Central Committee of the Polish United Worker’s Party
- Discover the insides of the Palace of Culture and Science
- Experience what it was like to live in Poland during the Communist era by visiting the Communism Times Museum
- Watch some post-1950s propaganda films
The tour starts at
The next stop on the tour is at the Palace of Culture and Science, where you can learn about this gift from “Uncle” Stalin. You will then continue on to the very heart of socialism, the old seat of the Central Committee of the Polish United Workers’ Party.
You will also visit a typical housing estate and enter a flat furnished in the socialist style. Here you will be invited to taste a typical refreshment of the workers from the socialist era – a shot of vodka and a slice of bread with lard and pickles. Not only will you see how people used to live during the socialist era, you will also have a unique opportunity to watch the post-1950s propaganda films.
- Real local guide
- Interesting stories about communism in Warsaw
- Transportation by communist van
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from selected centrally-located hotels, if option selected
- Visit to the Museum of life under communism