Haruru Falls: 3-Hour Guided Kayaking Experience
Pick-up serviceComplimentary hotel pickup and drop off is available by request from Paihia accommodation.
- Paddle both ways on a guided 3-hour kayaking experience
- Admire the stunning horseshoe-shaped Haruru Falls from the water
- Experience an enchanting Mangrove Forest and encounter local wildlife
- Learn local history and beautiful Maori legends from your passionate guide
- Relive the experience with complimentary photos of your paddling adventure
After pick-up from your local accommodation, arrive at the beach-side kayak base to be equipped with everything you need. Your friendly guide will pair you up then fit you with a lifejacket, paddles and double kayak. Store your belongings in the secure base, where you can collect them after the tour. Water pistols, balls, and frisbees also come along for the ride, so prepare yourself for a fun couple of hours.
While on the water, feel the spray from the unique horseshoe-shaped Haruru Falls, be fascinated by the surrounding mangrove forest and admire the local wildlife. Your guide will entertain and amaze you with beautiful local Maori legends and history. Capture photos throughout the experience you can take home with you.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Experienced kayak guide
- All equipment (double kayaks, paddles, and life jacket)
- Use of dry bags, sunscreen, plus water pistols and frisbees
- Secure storage at kayaking beach base
- Complimentary tour photos
- Bottled water
Prepare for the activity
• You are welcome to bring snacks on the day and carry them in the dry bags
• You will get wet on this activity, make sure you wear swimwear or clothes you don't mind getting wet
• Easy to operate and stable double sea kayaks are provided. You will receive full instruction and a guide will be right there to help out if needed
• Please be aware that you will get wet on this activity. Bring swimwear, or clothes you don't mind getting wet, water shoes or flip-flops, a towel, and a hat
• No need to bring your camera, everyone will have access to complimentary tour photos after the activity
• If it's raining, your tour can still go ahead. Wind conditions may affect whether the tour will take place. The local operator will be in touch to help you reschedule or cancel your booking