Volendam: 2.5-Hour Cheesemaking Workshop & Clog Making Tour
- Get to know all the ins and outs of Dutch cheesemaking
- Enjoy a guided tour and learn everything about cheese and clog making
- Taste the real Dutch Gouda and Edam cheese
- Take your homemade cheese with you
While the homemade cheeses are being pressed, enjoy a guided tour through the wooden shoe factory for a chance to learn how to turn a piece of wood into footwear. The varieties of clogs are shown, from historical to modern day clogs.
In the shop, marvel at all kinds of souvenirs and taste Dutch biscuits such as stroopwafel, a delicious local fruit wine, and of course all kinds of cheeses. During the workshop coffee and tea are complimentary.
- A homemade cheese to bring home
- A cup of coffee or tea
Prepare for the activity
Simonehoeve Wagenweg 2 1145 PW Katwoude/Volendam If you are traveling from Amsterdam, take bus 316 from Amsterdam CS (IJzijde). Tickets can be bought at the station or from the bus driver (no cash accepted). You will find the Cheesefarm and Clog Factory a couple of meters from bus stop "Hotel Volendam", where you will recognize it by a mini-windmill.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Arrival preferably between 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM