Verona: Food & Wine Walking Tour (unusual locations)
- Visit Verona's historical center with your local tour guide
- Discover Verona's local food and wine traditions
- Taste organic gelato or the famous Veronese Christmas pudding
- Ride the funicular railway to Verona’s most romantic viewpoint
- Sip a selection of regional wines, including Amarone, paired with local food
During the tour, you will make some unconventional stops such as sipping some good wine while admiring old Roman ruins or visiting a private rooftop with an amazing view. A local certified tour leader will explain the old traditions and secrets of Verona city center. You will stop at a local grocery where you'll taste local cheese and cold cut appetizers served with a glass of prosecco. Your savvy tour leader will answer all your questions about the local food. You'll move on to a private panoramic rooftop from where you will be able to admire Verona's most famous monument and take amazing pictures. Then, head to a pizza/ focaccia place, where you will be able to taste some homemade pizza/ focaccia created with selected local ingredients.
After walking till Verona's second biggest square, you'll taste a glass of the most famous Valpolicella red wine. Admire Roman ruins inside an exclusive location sipping another glass with local appetizers known as cicchetto. Walk till you reach the most ancient bridge in Verona and take the funicular railway (ticket included) to the most romantic spot in town. Taste artisan gelato. This walking tour will end at about 13:30 or 14:00 maximum.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Prepare for the activity
• Comfortable shoes are suggested