Venice: Secret Itineraries of Doge’s Palace VIP Tour
- Enjoy exclusive access to the secret itineraries of the Doge's Palace
- Learn more about the dukes of the Venetian Empire
- Discover how Casanova escaped his cell in the Doge's Palace
- Admire dramatic paintings by Veronese and Tintoretto
- Go inside the Hall of the Great Council
- Get a comprehensive tour of St. Mark’s Basilica with skip-the-line access
Meet your guide by the statue of the winged lion on St. Mark’s Square. Then, enter the palace to hear anecdotes about the Venetian dukes in their secret meeting halls and torture chambers. Escape the crowds, and walk in the footsteps of some of the most colorful characters of Venice, such as the legendary brigand, Casanova. Discover how, against all odds, he managed to escape his cell inside the Doge’s Palace.
See rooms that the vast majority of Venetians of the past never knew about, admiring antique cabinets and lavish apartments along the way. Walk on creaky floors to look at the Hall of the Great Council, where the city’s all-important general assembly made their decisions.
Admire dramatic paintings by Veronese and Tintoretto, and explore halls that demonstrate the prestige of the Most Serene Venetian Republic. Leave no stone unturned or door unopened on this comprehensive VIP exploration of Venice’s most historic site.
At the end of your Doge’s Palace Tour, get a comprehensive tour of St. Mark’s Basilica with an expert Venetian guide and access to the group entrance, avoiding the long lines.
- Entrance and reservation fees for the Doge’s Palace
- Special access to the secret itineraries of the Doge’s Palace
- Skip-the-line tickets to St. Mark's Basilica
- Guided tour of St. Mark’s Basilica
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Children under 6 years
- Pregnant women
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
Meet your guide just outside the entrance of the Correr Museum on Piazza San Marco, 30124. You must arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to tour start time. Directions: On St. Mark's square at the opposite side of the Basilica you will find the Correr Museum entrance underneath the portico.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Modest Clothing
- Oversize luggage
- Luggage or large bags
- Sleeveless shirts
• The prisons and secret itineraries are not wheelchair-accessible. The route is not suitable for those with walking disabilities or for pregnant women.
• This is a small group tour of 20 people or fewer
• Please note, both men and women must wear clothes that cover at least their shoulders and knees. You may be denied entry if you do not follow the dress code.
• Backpacks are prohibited inside of St. Mark's Basilica
You might also like...
Product ID: 53665