Venice: Small Group Walking Tour and Gondola Ride
- Learn the architectural secrets and history of the Rialto Bridge
- Punt down the hidden canals of Venice with a professional gondolier
- See the Rialto Fish Market and learn about the famous cuisine of Venice
- Discover the house where Marco Polo lived
- Explore the enchanting district of Cannaregio
- Look inside St. Mark's Basilica
- See typical Venetian architecture on the Campo San Giovanni e Paolo
Meet at the Campo San Giacomo di Rialto near the Rialto Bridge and learn why it was initially considered a very bad idea to build it. Take a quick look at the Rialto Fish Market to learn about the long fishing history of the city and its famous cuisine. Get a couple of restaurant recommendations from your local guide!
Continue to the sestiere (district) of Cannaregio, home to some of the city’s hidden gems. Discover the house where Marco Polo once lived, and go to the unique Church of Santa Maria dei Miracoli. See a remarkable statue by Verocchio on the Campo San Giovanni and Paolo, where you will also see a variety of typical Venetian architectural styles.
Meander through hidden alleyways, and hear tales of the city’s past. Learn what it is like to live on the island today as you walk to St. Mark’s Square. Look inside St. Mark’s Basilica for a better understanding of how Venice built a mercantile empire that once spanned the entire Mediterranean. Gaze at exquisite mosaics and other treasures inside and hear how the city begged, borrowed and stole to grow from a tiny island to one of the biggest powers in the medieval world.
Your guide will then leave you to enjoy a 20-minute (approximately) gondola ride with a professional gondolier. Limited to only 6 people per gondola, this experience will be both intimate and relaxing. Punt through the quieter canals of Venice as you relax and enjoy the city at its best!
- Walking tour with local guide
- Entrance to St. Mark’s Basilica
- Gondola ride with no more than 6 people (unguided)
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Meet your guide at the central fountain of Campo San Giacomo di Rialto (Campo San Giacometto). Campo San Giacomo di Rialto is located just to the west of the Rialto Bridge, towards the Rialto Market. The closest vaporetto stop is the "Rialto Mercato" stop.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Baby strollers
• Unfortunately this tour is unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, in wheelchairs, or with strollers
• St. Mark's Basilica is subject to unforeseen closures due to particular liturgical celebrations. If the basilica is closed, your guide will talk about it from the outside
• After your 2-hour walking tour of Venice, your guide will drop you off at the gondola stand. The guide will not accompany you on the gondola
• This tour runs rain or shine
• Please note that on Sundays the Rialto Market is closed