Venice: Private Cannaregio and Jewish Quarter Tour
- See the area where the famous artist Tintoretto once lived
- Admire Tintoretto’s masterpieces
- Stroll around the Jewish Ghetto and discover its fascinating history
Walking from here, your guide will accompany you to the famous Jewish Ghetto. Dating back to the early 14th century, there is much to discover on this island within an island. In 1516, the Senate approved the proposal that all Jews should be moved to a closed area within the city. By crossing over one of the three bridges to enter this area, you can step back in time and learn about this complicated history.
Your guide is an expert on Jewish history and you'll be able to learn how the local community lived throughout the ages and how they live today. Enjoy the kosher shops, restaurants, library and synagogues where services take place today to serve Jewish Venetians.
At the conclusion of this walking tour, it will be possible for you to visit the Jewish Museum and synagogues separately, where individual entrance fees are required. After taking this tour, you may also like to consider visiting the old Jewish Cemetry on the Lido of Venice. Goethe, Byron, and Shelly were all fascinated by the melancholy beauty of this cemetery, abandoned in the 18th century.
- Expert guide specializing in Jewish history
- 2-hour private walking tour of the Cannaregio district, including the Jewish Ghetto
- Entrance fees to the Madonna dell'Orto Church
- Optional visit to the Jewish Museum and synagogue (entrance fees also to be paid separately)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start of the tour, The meeting point is Campo San Bortolomio, in front of the statue of Goldoni (a 1-minute walk from the Rialto bridge). Look for your guide with a sign with your name on it. Meeting point address: Campo San Bortolomio, Rialto 5282, 30124, Venice, Italy For your tablet, smartphone or GPS System: Latitude: 45.437670 Longitude: 12.336797 Emergency number: Office: 0039 041 5239979 Mobile: 0039 349 3054767 Please print off this voucher and remember to take it with you as it is proof of payment. It is your responsibility to be at the meeting point punctually. Late arrivals and no shows will not receive a refund.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• This activity is not wheelchair accessible.
• The walking tour does not take place on Saturdays. The synagogue and most shops in the area are closed.