Venice: Gondola Making Workshop
- Meet a true Venetian artisan and experience the city from a local perspective
- Admire a traditional forcola workshop from the inside
- Discover the legendary art of forcola making
Watch as this unique piece takes shape before your eyes, in the same centuries-old design as when it was first invented. See how each forcola varies from the others as it is specifically designed for its personal gondolier according to their height and rowing needs.
Enjoy this unique opportunity to experience Venice like a local, discovering the legendary art of making a forcola.
- Live commentary by the artisan
- Live forcola making demonstration
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Il Forcolaio Matto - Forcole, Calle dell'Oca, 4231, 30121 Cannaregio, Venezia VE, Italia From Campo Santo Apostoli, a few minutes from Rialto, go straight on Strada Nova until you reach Campo Santa Sofia. On your left you will see Santa Sofia Gondola Landing stage. Turn right onto a narrow street and you will find the Il Forcolaio Matto workshop.Open in Google Maps ⟶