Venice: Doge's Palace & Basilica Tour with Optional Gondola
- Benefit from skip-the-line entry to St. Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace
- Admire the stunning mosaics of St. Mark's Basilica
- Marvel at masterpieces from artists such as Tintoretto and Veronese
- Upgrade your experience with a 30-minute gondola ride
- Enjoy an intimate, small group tour with a maximum of 25 participants
Enjoy a tour of St. Mark's Basilica, and marvel at the diversity of Venetian culture as your guide points out where eastern architecture and western design combine. In a rare extended tour, learn how St. Mark’s remains arrived illegally, and see countless treasures, some made in Venice and others plundered during the Crusades.
Finally, tour the Doge’s Palace, where Casanova was held in an attic prison before his escape. Admire ceiling frescoes by Tintoretto and paintings by Veronese in the exquisite rooms.
- Skip-the-line access to St. Mark’s Basilica
- Skip-the-line-access and entrance to the Doge’s Palace
- Local expert guide
- Headsets where necessary
- Gondola tour, if option selected
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Meet next to Ponte della Paglia, the bridge with the view of the Ponte dei Sospiri (Bridge of Sighs). You can find the bridge in front of Doge's Palace, facing the lagoon. GPS Coordinates are 45.433538 , 12.340747". Please arrive 15-minutes before the tour's departure time. Late arrivals or no-shows are not eligible for a refund.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• This tour involves a fair amount of walking and steep staircases. Comfortable shoes are recommended
• Wheelchairs and strollers cannot be accommodated on this tour
• It is the individual responsibility of all visitors to arrive at the tour departure points
• Entrance into churches requires appropriate dress. Shoulders and knees must be covered. Entry may be refused due to improper dress
• Please do not bring large bags, tripods, non-collapsible umbrellas, or backpacks on this tour. They are not permitted in St. Mark’s Basilica and must be checked into the luggage storage area off-site. You may miss a portion of the tour for this procedure.
• Please note, the Gondola ride (if selected) is a shared experience. This means that you might enjoy the ride with other customers