Venice: Grand Canal by Gondola with Commentary
- Glide along the Venetian canals on board a gondola
- Discover the city and its picturesque spots by boat
- Cruise along part of the Grand Canal towards the Salute Church
- Pass by the Fenice Theatre and the Mozart House
- Hear stories from your guide about palazzos, gondolas and gondoliers
Listen to the guide as they explain all about the palaces, churches and attractions around you. Hear stories known only by Venetians, and about the fascinating history of the gondola and gondoliers.
During your journey, you will admire Desdemona’s House and Mozart’s House. You'll also pass by the magnificent La Fenice Theatre and the “De le Ostreghe” Canal.
Continue on to the most important canal in Venice, the Grand Canal. Make your way towards the Salute Church, the Peggy Guggenheim Collection and some of the stunning Venetian palaces that run alongside the canal, like Ca'Dolfin, Ca'Loredan, Grimani Palace and many others.
You will also see Punta de la Dogana and Saint Mark’s basin before making your way back to Campo San Moisè. At the end of the tour, you will receive a QR code to download a digital map with 2D images of Venice from the middle ages until the 18th century.
- 1-hour guided tour including 30-minute gondola ride
- Live commentary in English and Italian
- Commentary by mobile app in German, French, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, Hindi and Russian
- Access to mobile app to see Venice in the past
- Food and drinks
- Tips and personal expenses
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Mobile-compatible earphones
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
With Piazza San Marco and the arches of Museo Correr at your back and the Poste Italiane (Post Office) in front of you, look on the left and you will see a big grey newsstand (with many souvenir and newspapers): that one is the Venice Tours Assistance Point. The newsstand is between Fendi Boutique and Poste Italiane (Post Office). The staff will wait for you there with a sign “GONDOLA TOUR”.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
• The live commentary will be only in English and Italian. The commentary in German, French, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, Hindi, and Russian will be provided by mobile app downloaded to your own device
• Each gondola can hold a maximum of 6 people
• The gondolier will determine your seat according to your weight
• The tour will only be cancelled in cases of extreme weather conditions
• The itinerary may change in cases of wind or bad weather
• Please note that this is a shared tour, it is not a private gondola ride
From US$ 49.64 US$ 39.71 per person