From Venice: Cortina and the Dolimites in One Day
- Take in the stunning scenery of the region from picturesque towns to placid mountain lakes
- Visit Cortina, one of the most exclusive mountain destinations in Italy
- Breath the pure, therapeutic mountain air
Your first stop will be at Cortina d'Ampezzo, a beautiful town in an alpine valley of the Dolomites known for its winter sports and jetset crowd. Wander the thousand-year-old streets and have lunch in one of the town's excellent eateries or take the Cortina-Faloria cable car to fully appreciate the beauty of the Ampezzo Dolomites.
Journey on to Lake Misurina, adjacent to the town of Cortina and a lovely place for a walk in the open air. Known as the pearl of the Dolomites, the lake is not only one of the most beautiful Italian lakes, but is also said to have therapeutic properties for those suffering from respiratory illnesses. A legend has it that the lake was a gift from the fairy of Mount Cristallo to the daughter of King Sorapiss, Misurina, who desired a magic mirror. The mirror (of water) was granted her on the one condition that the king would be turned into an imposing mountain, thus explaining the formation of the Sorapiss mountains which form a dramatic background to the lake.
Next up is Tre Cime di Lavaredo, some of the most famous mountains in the Alps. Let your guide take you to a particularly well-situated terrace in the park from which it is possible to admire a panoramic view of the Dolomites. View the trenches dug into the mountain during the early days of the First World War, scars which are still visible today.
Finally, stop at Santa Caterina Lake in the town of Auronzo. Relax by the artificial lake formed by the damming of the Ansiei River before returning to Venice.
- Private tour, car, and English-speaking driver-guide
- Food and beverages
- Extra fees
- Hotel pickup/drop off
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
• Provide a printed/mobile copy of your voucher to the staff
• No refund will be accepted for no shows or late arrivals
• The tour will be take place rain or shine