Venice: Classical Music and Glassblowing Demonstration Combo
- Glassblowing demonstration
- Enjoy a musical repertoire ranging from Mozart to 20th-century pieces
- Experience a classical music performance in the heart of Venice, listening to some of Venice's best classical musicians.
You may feel the warmth, the smells and the sounds of the furnace, and see the clever hands of the artisan mold the glass in front of your eyes, and then, like magic, it will be transformed in an unrepeatable object, thanks to the technical work of a millennial artisan culture handed down from one generation to another.
Venetians mold everyday items such as; cups, glasses, dishes, mirrors and lamps. The art of molding the glass in all these shapes, was one of the secrets that was best safeguarded in the Venetian Republic. You will live this experience in Saint Mark's Square in an old glass factory showroom, and you may have the possibility to know and see the principal objects that are made with glass. At the end of your experience, a little glass gift for each couple or family will be given as a souvenir.
Collegium Ducale Orchestral Concert: This orchestra brings together in one group musicians from the best orchestras of Veneto: the ensemble is prepared to execute a repertoire ranging from the Baroque to Twentieth century music. Well-known soloists contribute both to the whole of the performance and as featured virtuosos. The orchestra has been performing in Venice since 1993, with the most important concert season titled: “Venice and Europe: Music Beyond History”.
Prisons’ Palace , St. Mark’s Square
From 2nd January 2019 to 15th April 2019, starts at 9:00 PM.
Monday: Baroque music concert (Vivaldi “Four Seasons”, Mozart, etc.)
Tuesday: opera singers’ concert (Verdi, Rossini, Mozart, etc.)
Wednesday: Baroque music concert (Vivaldi “Four Seasons”, Mozart, etc.)
Thursday: opera singers’ concert (Verdi, Rossini, Mozart, etc.)
Friday: Baroque music concert (Vivaldi “Four Seasons”, Mozart, etc.)
Friday at 6:30 pm: opera singers’ concert (Verdi, Rossini, Mozart, etc.)
Sunday: Baroque music concert (Vivaldi “Four Seasons”, Mozart, etc.)
- Tour escort/host
- Small glass souvenir for every couple or family
- Guided tour of a glass factory showroom with live demonstration of a master artisan
- Live tour commentary provided in English, French, Spanish, German, Italian and Japanese (the visit could be multi-lingual)
- Guaranteed seat at the concert
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Glassblowing meeting point: meet the guide in front of the Testoilini Bottega dell'Arte, close to the well of Bacino Orseolo, - San Marco 1758. The guide will wait for you with a 'glassblowing tour' sign. Classical music concert meeting point: Prison Palace - St. Mark's Square, Prisons of Doge's PalaceOpen in Google Maps ⟶
- Luggage or large bags
• The tour is not considered private but it is shared with other guests not belonging to the same party
• Services could be done on different days
• Comfortable shoes are recommended
• The glassblowing tour could be could be multilingual
• Tour does not operate in case of exceptional high tide (in these cases it can be postponed to the days after)
• This is a combo offer that includes two services, therefore it is compulsory to show the mobile voucher twice or to print two paper vouchers
• The concert starts at the 9.00 pm. There is a gap of few hours between the glassblowing demonstration and the concert