Byzantine Venice: Historical Tour and the Golden Basilica
- Walk through the heart of the city
- Be guided through history with some anecdotes by a local from this wonderful city
- Discover the magnificent Basilica of Saint Mark and its Pala d’Oro
- Experience the historical soul of Venice
Later, start the fascinating guided tour through the Cathedral of St. Mark, known as the Golden Basilica. The building itself is famous for the fact that its incredible mosaics consist only of gold. You will skip the long line and enter in the majestic church accompanied by an expert guide who will explain everything around you. You will be stunned in front of the five-domes decorated by renowned artists, and you can admire the “Pala D’Oro”, a breathtaking altarpiece composed by gems, diamonds and of course, by gold. Your guide will narrate the history of this byzantine artwork and its meaning. Discover the Saint Mark Treasury, a magnificent collection of relics and precious items collected along the centuries. You can listen to your guide as they explain the meaning of the many biblical scenes painted in the church.
- Shared guided walking tour with commentary by a qualified and experienced guide
- Skip-the-line: The Basilica and Pala D’Oro guided tour
- Audio receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Meeting point: St. Mark's Square - Clock Tower near exchange office (the white building with blue clock facade). An assistant will wait for you with the sign “TOUR”. Customers are advised not to go to the Bell Tower.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities.
Tour does not operate in case of exceptional high tide or in case of special religious functions (in these cases it can be postponed the day after otherwise it will be refunded).