Absolute Venice: Walking Tour, Doge’s Palace and Basilica
- Be guided through the historical city center
- Admire Doge Palace and the Basilica
- Learn about the Golden Basilica with its mosaics of pure gold
Enter in the breathtaking Doge’s palace. The guide will escort in tis stunning rooms where the Doges lived and decided the faith of the glorious Venetian Republic. Admire the Golden staircase and the incredible artworks created by the most famous Italian artists as Tiepolo and Tiziano. You will cross the Bridge of Sighs to go inside the cold and dark Venetian prisons, where also Casanova was held.
Later, the guide will bring you in the St. Mark’s Basilica, know as the Golden Cathedral, thanks to its stunning mosaic made by pure gold! Here you will discover its endless history and the great Pala D’oro (altar full of diamonds and precious stones). The beauty of this five-domes Basilica will impressive you.
At the end of your activity you will have the opportunity to do the free optional tour the Glass Craftsman Demonstration visiting a Glass Factory very close to Saint Mark’s square (20 minutes tour). Please follow the instruction that our staff will provide to you locally.
You may visit by yourself the other magnificent palaces around St. Mark’s Square: Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana.
- Shared guided walking tour with commentary by a qualified and experienced guide
- Skip-the-line: Doge’s Palace, the Basilica and Pala D’Oro guided tour
- Audio receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people
- Glass craftsman at work close to Saint Mark’s Square
- Entrance ticket valid to visit by yourself the palace around St. Mark’s Square (Old Royal Palace now Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana)
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
St. Mark's Square - Clock Tower near exchange office (the white building with blue clock facade). An assistant will wait for you with the sign “TOUR”. Customers are advised not to go to the Bell Tower.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
• Tour does not operate in case of exceptional high tide or in case of religious functions (in these cases it can be postponed the day after otherwise it will be refunded)
• The tour is not considered private but it is shared with other guests not belonging to the same part