Vatican Museum In Depth Tour with Sistine Chapel
- Enter the Vatican 1-hour before the doors open
- Visit All the must-see galleries and off-the-beaten path gems
- Experience Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel
Then visit the Pinacoteca, the Vatican’s ultimate painting gallery. Arranged chronologically in sixteen different rooms, explore this papal art collection, featuring some of the most renowned artists of all time including Raphael, Caravaggio, and Giotto. Explore the main galleries of the Vatican Museums, such as the Gallery of the Tapestries, Gallery of the Candelabra and the Gallery of the Maps. See how topographers from centuries ago envisioned the layout of Italy. Discover paintings capturing the development of Rome, such as the construction of the Spanish steps and city center.
Head to the Raphael Rooms dedicated to one of the most influential artists of the Italian Renaissance. Check out one of his most famous artworks, The School of Athens, as well as some of his other wondrous masterpieces. Finally, enter St. Peter’s Basilica through a hidden door from the Sistine Chapel with your guide. Marvel at the largest church in the world, complete with overwhelmingly beautiful detail and splendor. Learn about the wonders of Michelangelo’s Pieta, protected by bullet-proof glass.
Important: Please note that after entering St. Peter’s Basilica, you can not re-enter the Vatican Museums. If you’d like to spend more time in the museums, you cannot enter the Basilica with your guide. If you’d like to spend more time in St. Peter’s, remain inside the Basilica at the end of your tour and cherish the rest of your time.
- Entrance fees and Before Hours Access
- Professional and passionate local guide
- Skip-the-ticket-line access
- Small-group tour size
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food & drinks
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
In front of Caffé Vaticano – on Viale Vaticano, 100. This is across the street from the Vatican Museum Entrance. Your guide will be there holding a sign that says “The Roman Guy".Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
- Oversize luggage
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
- Selfie sticks
- Professional cameras
• A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums - knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women.
• The museums are wheelchair accessible, however you will be required to take a special wheelchair friendly itinerary, and therefore not be able to follow this tour. If you have any doubts about your mobility, we strongly recommend a private tour.
• In order to qualify for the Student pricing, you need to be between the age of 18 & 25, and to be in possession of a valid student ID (university card) on the day of the tour.
• The Vatican tends to quiet down in the late afternoon, but there is a chance the museums may still be crowded while you are inside.