Valencia Silk Road, Tourist Bus Tour and Paella Lunch
- Enjoy a full-day trip
- Take a fully narrated walking tour to the Valencia Silk Road
- Learn from an expert local guide
- Go on a comprehensive tour by bus with several departures throughout the day
In 2015, UNESCO included Spain as the 32nd member state of the Silk Road Programme. Valencia has been considered as the Silk City 2016 focal point from UNESCO Mediterranean Programme. In this visit guided across the Valencia Silk Road an expert guide will reveal you interest details about the process of silk-making and trading in Valencia, the most important industry here between 16th and 18th centuries, and you’ll meet its historical legacy as you visit the places and buildings where these activities were developed.
You’ll start the visit guide in The College of the Higher Art of Silk Making, a building that treasure an important and rich heritage inside in its frescoes, murals and mosaics. It was one of the main drivers of the Valencian economy and the silk manufacturers from its founding in the 15th century. Nowadays, it’s the Silk Museum. Next stop will be in an old Silk Factory from the 18th century that still retains its original distribution. Then, you’ll walk by the neighborhood of Velluters (the velvet artisans) as you listen about the architectural heritage, the delicate fabrics and the charming history of the silk industry. Then you'll see the most representative Valencian clothing shops related to silk fabrics, and you’ll appreciate clothing or jewelry that are use nowadays as the traditional way. You’ll visit La Lonja de la Seda, declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO. In the past, was the trade center of the city and the silk-tradding had a central role in its commercial transactions. Finally, you’ll be immerse in an old family factory, where ecclesiastical silk ornaments were produced with old looms and traditional embroidery techniques. After the guided tour by the Valencia Silk Road you’ll enjoy one of the best paellas in Valencia, in a renowned restaurant in the historical centre. As first plate, you can choose between Valencian paella, seafood paella or fideuà (noodles paella) accompanied by typical starters and desserts prepared with traditional recipes.
After lunch, get ready to enjoy a Tourist Bus Tour with 2 routes included: Historical Valencia route will take you to explore the historical and monumental city: the old town, city center, and other sites of interest such as the Bioparc, the Congress Palace, or the Museum of Fine Arts. On the Valencia Maritime route you’ll going to meet the coastal area and most modern zone in Valencia: the City of Arts and Sciences, the Port of Valencia and the Malvarrosa Beach, among others. You can combine both routes as you prefer, drop-on drop-off at any stop, as many times as you want on the same day. The duration is 90 minutes each route. An intense day in Valencia that combines culture, history, traditions, gastronomy and modernity... You cannot miss it!
- 2-hour guided tour to the Valencia Silk Road with expert guide
- Full menu Lunch: starters of local products, first plate: Valencian paella, Seafood paella or Fideuá (noodle paella). Dessert. Beverage by person (wine, softdrink or water)
- Bus ticket (valid for 24-hours), 2 routes: 90 minutes each one
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
When you get there
· Silk Road visit guide: Tourist Info Office. Ayuntamiento Square, 1 (at the Ayuntamiento building). · Once the Visit Guide finishes you must go to "La Valenciana" Restaurant on your own, for lunch: Juristas Street, 12 (old town of Valencia). · Bus Tour: You can board and disembark at any of the available 21 stops on 2 routes. The nearest bus-stop from the Restaurant is at Plaza de la Reina. (last Sunday of each month the bus-stop at Plaza de la Reina moves to Conde de Trenor, 2 Street, and the bus-stop AVE Joaquín Sorolla is suppressed. From March, 13 to March, 19: the Bus alter its both routes by Fallas celebration).Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Languages: Visit guide: Spanish and English. Bus: audio guide in 10 languages.
• All activities should be done the same day
• You must submit a printed voucher both to the Silk Road Guide and the Bus driver
• Once the visit guide finishes you must go to the restaurant on your own, for lunch (from 13 hour.)
• After lunch, you can take the Bus at any time and any bus stops, over 24 hours. The nearest bus-stop from the Restaurant is at Plaza de la Reina
• Children must be accompanied by an adult