Enjoy an amazing trekking experience on Stromboli. You will reach the summit and admire the Strombolian activity from the active craters of this beautiful volcano!
About this activity
Duration 5 hours
Printed or mobile voucher accepted
Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Select date, participants and language:
Trek for about 3 hours with 3-4 stops to enjoy the landscape around you
Take in a beautiful view of the sunset over the sea
Admire the Strombolian activity of the summit craters
Descend through a beautiful trail
After a short briefing, you set off on the excursion leading up to the height of 920 meters! During the ascent of about 3 hours, you will stop for 3-4 intermediate pauses to enjoy the landscape.
After arriving to the summit area, you will stop for about 1 hour to admire the spectacular “Strombolian” activity of the volcano. You will go back to the starting point crossing at first the Rina Grande slope and then the typical Strombolian rushes. The descent lasts about 2 hours.
Volcano or Alpine guide
Lamp (upon request)
Trekking shoes and trekking pole
What’s Not Included
Local tax, if it is required from Stromboli Municipality: € 5.00
When you get there
Info Point at Bar Ingrid Via Pola, 98050 Stromboli ME.
• This activity is only suitable for people fit enough, there are steep stairs and parts of the route is covered with volcanic sand and ashes, making it quite difficult to proceed sometimes
• Please note that no hiking activity is allowed after the third month of pregnancy
• This activity is not suitable for people suffering from heart diseases, asthma and vertigo
• The use of contact lenses is forbidden during any excursions, above all for those leading up to the summit area, due to the presence of volcanic ashes spread by the wind
• Excursion schedules are subject to changes or interruptions at the discretion of the guide if weather conditions, environmental causes or volcanic risks can represent any source of danger
• The guide has the authority to interrupt the excursion for any reason if the safety of the group is at risk