From Brasov: Transfagarasan Road Winter Day-trip
Pickup includedPickup from your accomodation in Brasov.
- See breathtaking views of the Fagaras Mountains
- Admire one of the most spectacular cable cars in Romania
- Witness stunning winter scenery at a height of 2000 meters
Once you get to the top, take a deep breath of fresh mountain air as you begin to explore the area. Check out the magnificent ice hotel or just take a walk through the snow. Once you begin to build up an appetite, get inside one of the huts for a tasty lunch. Afterwards, you'll head back down by cable car. From there, continue to the village of Carta to see an old Cistercian monastery, which was built around the 13th century in a Gothic style.
On your way back to Brasov, you can visit the beautiful Fagaras Fortress if there is time. Built in the 14th century, it's one of the strongest fortifications in Transylvania. Once you get back to Brasov, your guide will drop you off at your accommodation in Brasov.
- Pickup and drop-off at your accommodation in Brasov
- Transport by air-conditioned/heated vehicle
- English-speaking licensed guide
- Cable car tickets
- Entrance fee to Carta Cistercian Monastery
- Warm beverage (hot tea, mulled wine)
- Entrance fee to Fagaras Fortress
- Other personal expenses
Prepare for the activity
- Warm clothing
- Winter clothing
• This tour takes place during the winter. In the mountains, the temperatures can be very low, so please dress accordingly with winter boots and very warm clothing.
• The weather in the mountains can also suddenly change and you might not be able to take the cable car back to base. In this instance, you will need to stay overnight at the hut and you will need to pay for this accommodation.
• The local partner is not responsible for any losses, damages or missed flights due to bad weather conditions. By participating in the tour, you agree to these rules.