Tokyo: Sumo Tournament Ticket
Pickup optionalYour ticket will be delivered to your concierge at your hotel in Tokyo. At booking, you must provide a hotel name and address.
- See real sumo wrestlers compete in a tournament
- Visit an authentic Sumo venue in Tokyo
- See the strongest men in Japan wrestle each other to the ground
Sumo is a traditional Japanese sport based on Shinto beliefs. Similar to wrestling, the participants try to force their opponent out of the ring or to force any part of his body to touch the ground.
Sumo wrestlers live together, practice hard, and all strive to become the highest-ranked wrestler. They train diligently from early in the morning almost every day. Witness their hard work pay off in this exciting match.
With your ticket, you can enter and leave the tournament at any time. It's recommended to arrive for the 3:40 PM ceremony, so you don't miss seeing the "Strong" and "Strongest" wrestlers compete.
• 8:00 AM: Tournament opens
• 8:35 AM: Jonokuchi Division starts
• 2:15 PM: the Juryo Division starts
• 3:40 PM: Entering the Ring Ceremony of the Makuuchi (Strong) Division
• 3:55 PM: Entering the Ring Ceremony of the Yokozuna (Strongest) Division
• 4:10 PM: Makuuchi Division
• 6:00 PM: Tournament ends
- Sumo entrance ticket (class B seat)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Prepare for the activity
5th floor of the Nomura Building. The office is located 6 minutes (on foot) from Ningyocho, Bakurocho, Higanshinihonbashi Station. Office hours are weekdays, 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• If you select the hotel delivery option, the tickets will be delivered to your hotel in advance to the concierge. Please provide your correct hotel details on check out. If your details are incorrect or your ticket cannot be delivered, your tickets will be held for pickup instead.
• If you select the pickup option, you can collect your tickets from the Tokyo office in Nihonbashi. Office hours are 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Monday to Friday.
• If you are booking within 3 days of the tournament, you must select the pickup option. If you select the hotel delivery option within 3 days of the tournament, your tickets will be held for pickup regardless.
• The venue is wheelchair and stroller accessible
• Infants must sit on laps
• The venue is the Ryogoku Kokugikan (this is not where you pick up your tickets)