Tokyo: Shinjuku Drinks and Neon Nights Nightlife Tour
- Enjoy happy hour at a Japanese izakaya-style eatery
- Stroll through Tokyo’s most popular alleyway full of food, snacks and bars
- Learn how Kabukicho, Shinjuku’s red light district, became home to over 3.000 shops, bars and restaurants
- Have drinks in one of Golden Gai’s cosy bars that seat only eight people at a time
- See where locals eat and drink after hours
Meander through Omoide Yokocho, a collection of alleyways full of tiny bars and eateries. Get a peek at the different type of food joints the locals usually eat at, from yakitori restaurants and soba shops to cafes and bars. Should you like to come visit again on your own time, Omoide Yokocho can be a great place to sit and eat elbow-to-elbow with the businessmen and see how they unwind after working hours. Later on, you will reach Kabukicho, an area full to the brim with over 3.000 shops, restaurants, nightclubs and karaoke. Awash in bright neon lights, Kabukicho is one of Tokyo’s most photogenic areas. With streets filled with people and music blaring from every corner, you are sure never to have a boring evening in Kabukicho.
The evening will end in Golden Gai, a compact neighborhood full of tiny bars that can usually only seat six to eight people at a time. It is here in Shinjuku’s most popular drinking spot where you will stumble upon one of your guide’s favorite bars and say kanpai (cheers!) over more drinks. From here, your guide can either give you directions back to your hotel, your next destination or leave you chatting through the night with new friends.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Assorted skewered snacks, two drinks (sake, beer, etc.)
- Additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs or other items of a personal nature
- Tips or gratuities
Prepare for the activity
Shinjuku Sanchome Station, exit C8, in front of the BYGS Building. Shinjuku Sanchome Station is accessible by three subway lines: Toei Subway Shinjuku Line, Tokyo Metro Fukutoshin Line and Tokyo Metro Marunouchi LineOpen in Google Maps ⟶
• Travelers under 20 years of age are not allowed to join this tour
• The tour group can include a maximum of 8 people
You might also like...
Product ID: 124787