Tokyo: Old & New Nihonbashi and Imperial Palace Walking Tour
- Learn about Nihonbashi Bridge, one of Tokyo's most iconic bridges
- Explore the grounds and viewpoints of the Imperial Palace's East Garden
- Discover Tokyo's past, present, and future with your informative guide
- Receive a unique, handmade souvenir, carefully designed in a decades-old family trade
Start the tour in the Nihonbashi area, designated as Tokyo's oldest commercial district with 400 years worth of tradition. Meet your passionate guide and walk across the historic Nihonbashi Bridge (Japan Bridge), learning some interesting facts along the way. See the starting point of 5 major roads leading in and out of Tokyo as your guide describes the past, present, and future of the city.
Then, take a short subway ride towards the Imperial Palace area. Gaze in awe as a majestic Edo Castle appears in front of your eyes. Imagine yourself as a soldier attacking the castle, and see how meticulously the castle was built to fend off attackers centuries ago.
Next, head over to Imperial Palace East Garden - a must-see sight. Find a tranquil Japanese garden with a koi fish pond hidden in one of the corners. Find out about how this garden was the former Emperor's favorite area to relax and spend time. Enjoy the peaceful atmosphere and take some amazing snapshots.
- English-speaking guide
- Unique souvenir
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Train fare for metro ride
Prepare for the activity
Meet your guide in front of Nihonbashi Tourism Information, 1 Chome-1 Nihonbashi, Chuo City, Tokyo 103-0027, Japan. Do not confuse Nihonbashi Tourism Information with Nihonbashi Information Center which is a different location, but in the same general area.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Comfortable clothes
- Luggage or large bags
• This tour will take place rain or shine
• This tour will take a short subway ride on the metro; please bring some cash or your Suica/Pasmo card if you have one