Tokyo: Nikko Toshogu Shrine and Kegon Waterfall Tour
Pickup optional• Please wait in the hotel lobby 10 minutes before your scheduled pickup time. • The guide will be holding a sign with your last name on it.
- Visit the Nikko Toshogu Shrine
- Visit the Kegon waterfall, one of the three famous waterfalls in Japan
- Choose whether to walk along Lake Chuzenji or experience the Nikko Hot Spring
After visiting the Nikko Toshogo Shrine, you will pass through the Iroha Slope. It is famous for its 48 sharp turns along its route, and is portrayed in the animation ”Initial D”. The road is very popular for its autumn leaves in the fall. At 12:30PM, you will arrive at the Kegon Waterfall. This almost 100-meter-tall waterfall is the most famous of Nikko's many beautiful waterfalls. It is even ranked as one of Japan's three most beautiful falls, along with the Nachi Waterfall in the Wakayama Prefecture and the Fukuroda Waterfall in the Ibaraki Prefecture.
At 2:00PM, your tour will be separated into two groups, you can choose according to your preference to either walk along Lake Chuzenji, or to experience the Nikko hot spring. Before finishing your tour, you will stop by the Onihei Edo service area, which is the most interesting service area with edo style design and traditional souvenirs. At 6:00PM, you will be dropped back at the Shinjuku Subaru Building, where your tour will end.
- Toshogu Shrine entrance ticket
- Hot spring entrance ticket or Golden castella souvenir (for customers do not select the hot spring)
- Tour guide
- Pickup service (if private group option selected)
Prepare for the activity
• Ground floor of Mitsui Sumitomo Bank, Shinjuku Nishiguchi Branch • The left-hand-side of the Shinjuku L Tower Starbuck • Nearest exit, JR West Exit or Metro West Gate • Tour leader will be holding a yellow flag "ONTABI" at the meeting pointOpen in Google Maps ⟶
- Luggage or large bags
• All children must be accompanied by an adult, and it is one adult for one infant
• Please note the itinerary may be adjusted in the event of a serious traffic jam
• There are no showers on site
• Tattoos are considered taboo in this area
• Please use your "inside voice" whilst touring this peaceful region
• Please note only one carry on bag is allowed and no huge luggage is allowed
• If the weather is too bad and tour must be cancelled, you will be informed on or before 2:00 PM the day before
• Please arrive the departure location 15 mins before the departure time. No waiting for anyone being late and the tour fee is not refundable
• If the sightseeing spot is not normally operated, there may be a change in the itinerary and there won't be a refund