Old Town Tokyo Food Tour
- Explore this artistic community and see wonderful galleries housed in traditional buildings
- Enjoy a typical “Teishoku” lunch set at a charming local eatery
- See how the Yanaka area is a great place for locals and visitors alike
- Try delicious street foods
- Enjoy a special tea ceremony in a 4th generation antiques gallery and tea room
Your tour will offer you a sightseeing opportunity different from the “big city” feel of other parts of Tokyo. Yanaka was one of the few areas in that survived the Great Kanto Earthquake and Fire of 1923 and was spared fire bombings. The area has a history as an artisan town where many famous writers and visual artists lived and worked. Today it retains a similar spirit and an afternoon stroll down the tiny side streets that dissect the area south of Nippori Station will highlight the diversity of craft still being produced in the area: textiles, ink prints, wood carvings, traditional cuisines, stationery, pottery, jewelry and much more.
You will have the chance to try local street snacks, stop by shops that are over 100 years old, see local shrines and temples and have a delicious teishoku (lunch set) before you end the tour with a traditional tea ceremony.
- Wagashi and tea experience
- 6 food stops
- Lunch in restaurant
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Prepare for the activity
Meeting Location: The front of Coffee Room Renoir Nippori – Yanaka this address: 7 -20-6 Yanaka, 1st Floor You can copy and paste this to Google Maps: 東京都台東区谷中7-20-6 谷中ホ－ムズ 1F BY TRAIN: Easiest way is to come on the JR Yamanote train to Nippori Station and exit from the North Gate to the West Exit.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Children must be accompanied by an adult. Passport information copy is required for kids 10 and above.
• A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
• Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking