Akihabara: Private Electric Town Experience
Pickup includedThe guide will pick you up at your hotel before you head to Akihabara together.
- Take a 2.5-hour tour of Akihabara
- Order a complimentary drink and sing in a private karaoke booth
- Order tea or coffee and be welcomed "home" at a maid cafe
- Visit Don Quijote and search the vast complex for your own personal treasures
- Learn about Otaku culture from a private guide in this popular shopping district
First off, you will have the opportunity to perform your favorite songs with family and friends at a decorated karaoke room, which holds up to 5 people. A complimentary beverage is included with your karaoke visit, but feel free to order a few more as well as some snacks if you’re feeling hungry or thirsty. You will then continue your exploration by taking part in a fun "purikura" photo shoot. These fun photo machines offer hilarious options to customize your image with stamps, sparkles, and frames, before printing out a copy which you can keep as a souvenir.
When you finish with your photo shoot, follow your guide to one of Akihabara’s famous maid cafes. Here you’ll find waitresses dressed in playful French maid outfits, treating guests as if they’re in a private home rather than a public restaurant. Get a welcome from your maid with a “welcome home, master (or mistress)” greeting, and then enjoy a complimentary choice of coffee or tea (other food or drinks at your own expense). Enjoy an hour at this entertaining example of Otaku culture, and for an additional fee, join your waitress to play a game or sing a song.
You will finish your tour with an Akihabara excursion at Don Quijote, affectionately known by residents as “Donkey.” This sprawling retail superstore sells everything from luxury goods to everyday groceries. Literally every inch of shelf space is packed with products, offering a fun chance to dig for a bargain. Your tour will then conclude here, leaving you with time to do some more shopping.
- Meet-and-greet service at your hotel
- One-way public transportation fares
- Professional guide
- Karaoke room fees with one drink
- Purikura photobooth fees
- Tea or coffee at the maid cafe
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal shopping expenses
- Food and drinks (unless specified)
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable clothes
• Though there is no minimum age limit for this tour, please be advised that there is a possibility travelers will encounter materials containing mature content