From Salta: Full-Day Carnival Trip in Purmamarca & Tilcara
Pickup optionalHotel pickup will be between 6:30 AM and 7:15 AM, and is available at centrally located accommodation up to 8 blocks from the 9th of July Central Square (Plaza 9 de Julio). Please bear in mind that in some cases, the bus might not be able to access your hotel and you will be contacted to arrange a different pickup spot. Please be ready for pickup 15 minutes before the activity starts.
- Spend a Carnivalesque day out in Tilcara and Purmamarca
- Dance with local dancing groups known as "comparsas"
- Visit the awe-inspiring Seven Color Mountain
- Upgrade to include hotel transfers for maximum convenience
After pickup at your hotel or at the meeting point, depending on the tour option selected, drive to the Humahuaca Gorge. While at Carnival, integrate yourself with the comparsas, dancing groups made up of local people and tourists from all over the world, and get free fake snow and a Carnival mask.
In Purmamarca, visit the handicraft market and the Seven Color Mountain. In Tilcara, admire the town's dancing and singing, and get involved in the festivities. The special trip has limited seats of 27 per day. At the end of the day, either return to your hotel or the meeting point, depending on the tour option selected.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from centrally-located accommodations in Salta (if option selected)
- Meeting point pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Transportation in bus or minivan, depending on group size
- Bilingual guide in Spanish and English
- Food and drinks
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
YPF Vision. It is a gas station which has a coffee shop named "Full". You can wait inside, your guide will fetch you from there. Please be ready at the meeting point 15 minutes before the activity starts.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Comfortable clothes
• Please arrive at the meeting point or be ready for pickup 15 minutes before the activity starts
• Pickup can last for up to 45 minutes depending on the location of your accommodation
• Please bring your passport or ID card