Masada & the Dead Sea Small Group Day Trip
Pick-up includedPickup from the main hotels in Tel Aviv, Herzliya and Netanya. If you need to be picked up from elsewhere (like an airbnb), the local operator will send you details of the closest pick-up point. Pickup times: from Tel Aviv: 7:15 AM, from Herzliya: 7:00 AM, from Netanya: 6:30 AM and from Jerusalem: 8:30 AM.
- Spend a full-day tour to Masada and the Dead Sea
- Ascend to the top of the mountain by cable car
- Float in the mineral rich waters of the Dead Sea
- Visit the magnificent King Herod Fortress at Masada
- Have a roadside view of the Good Samaritan, the symbol of the parable of Jesus on the Good Samaritan and Qumran
The ruins sit precariously on a plateau some 1,300 feet above sea level and measure 2,000 foot long by 1,000 foot wide. They boast extraordinary views of the Dead Sea and the Judean Desert. It is an exhausting climb, but you will ascend by cable car to make life easier. Explore the fortress built by King Herod in around 37 BC. Visit the remains of the palaces and see mosaic floors, Roman baths and other findings. Masada was also home to the oldest synagogue in Israel, but one of the most remarkable features are the 12 water cisterns, each with a capacity of up to 140,000 cubic feet.
Following the tour of Masada, you will drive to the Dead Sea Mineral Beach. Located in the Jordan Rift Valley, between Jordan and the West Bank, it is the lowest place on earth and its high density of salt makes for a unique experience as you float on the beautiful aquamarine surface. Take a mud bath and benefit from the therapeutic qualities of the natural Dead Sea mud. You will then drive back to the hotel in Jerusalem or Tel Aviv with an en route view of the Qumran cave, where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found.
- Pick up and drop-off
- Transport in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional guide
- Entrance fee to the Dead Sea
- Entrance fee and round trip cable car to Masada
- Food and drinks
- Tips (recommended)
Prepare for the activity
• This tour is not suitable for children under the age of 4
• Small group of maximum 19 passengers