From Tbilisi: Mtskheta, Uplistsikhe, Gori Day Trip
Pickup includedPick up from your hotel or holiday apartment in Tbilisi
- Discover the old capital of Georgia, Mtskheta and the Svetitskhoveli cathedral
- Take in panoramic views from the Jvari monastery, built in the 6th century
- Explore the ruins of the ancient rock-hewn town of Uplistsikhe
- Visit Gori and the Soviet museum dedicated to Stalin
- See the Chronicle of Georgia, also known as the Georgian Stonehenge
After pickup from your hotel, your first stop will be the cave town of Uplistsikhe. Its caves and tunnels create a marvelous structure of natural architecture which still holds remnants of its ancient pagan culture.
Then, visit the nearby town of Gori and see the pompous Soviet Museum dedicated to Joseph Stalin, who was born here. After Gori, you’ll drive 1 hour to Mtskheta, the old capital of Georgia, where the country’s conversion to Christianity started in the 4th century. See the Svetiskhoveli cathedral and the monastery of Jvari, built on a high hill above the town.
Finally, see the Georgian Stonehenge, an impressive monument of Georgian history off the beaten path. Return to Tbilisi for drop off at your hotel.
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- English-speaking guide
- Bottled water
- Entrance fees to Uplistsikhe cave town and Gori Stalin museum (about €7 per person)
- Children under 4 years
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Baby strollers
• Uplistsikhe cave town has uneven surfaces with some natural steps and ascension. It is not recommended to wear high heels and is difficult to walk if you have significant problems with knees or hips, and is not suitable for toddlers.