Tauranga Self-Guided Audio Tour
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking Tour
- Explore a city with a fully narrated tour
- Walk along the Strand and explore the various shops and restaurants that you can find there
Immerse yourself in the historic and picturesque city of Tauranga, the arrival point of the Māori in New Zealand. In this audio tour, you will explore the beautiful waterfront and hear the tales of how the Māori crossed the Pacific Ocean in the Arawa Canoe.
Visit the Monmouth Redoubt with its old cannon to learn about the battles between the natives and the European colonists at The Elms Missionary. You will also see the Strand, Robbins Park, the Mission Cemetery, the Tauranga Domain Wharepai Reserve, the Old Post Office, the Art Gallery and Brian Watkins House. A diverse and interesting tour with lots of Māori history, myths and legends.
This tour takes the frustration out of not knowing what to do, where to go or how to get there. Your tour. Your way.
- Audio-guided tour (English only)
- Walking tour
- Entrance Fees
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
• It is advisable to wear comfortable walking shoes, hat, sunscreen, warm clothing
• Please note this is an audio tour. No physical guide will accompany you
• This is your tour, your way, and at your pace, therefore there are no specific starting times for our tours
• Please see your printable voucher for download information
• Please note, the audio guide is available in the English language only