Tauranga: Rotorua Geysers & Polynesian Spa Shore Excursion
- Join a shore excursion from Tauranga to see the best of Rotorua’s geothermal wonders and visit the Polynesian Spa
- Discover Maori culture with a Maori guide in Rotorua’s Whakarewarewa valley
- See the largest geyser in the Southern Hemisphere and watch cultural performances
- Enjoy the Polynesian Spa experience and rejuvenate yourself in an spa reserved for adults
You will be picked up from Tauranga Port, dependent on your ship's arrival time, and journey to Rotorua. Here you will experience the very best of Rotorua and stop at the Whakarewarewa Valley (with geysers, steam vents and mud pools). Your small group will have an official Maori guide and will experience a fascinating tour of the valley. Learn about Maori culture while watching a traditional Maori cultural performance. Observe the legendary Pōhutu Geyser, the largest geyser in the southern hemisphere, which can erupt to a height of 100 feet (30-meters) and as often as 20 times per day.
Next, enjoy a two-course lunch at one of Rotorua's highly regarded restaurants followed by tea or coffee (with a choice of menu). You will then head to The Polynesian Spa, a geothermal bathing and soul soothing retreat. Renowned for its healing waters and decadent therapies, you can experience the private elite facilities of the Polynesian Spa’s geothermal hot mineral waters. The slightly acidic Priest Spring waters relieve tired muscles, aches and pains, while the alkaline waters of the Rachel Spring nourish the skin.
You will be returned to Tauranga Port, guaranteed to be back in plenty of time for your ship's departure, after a decadent day of discovery and luxury pleasures.
- Pick-up & drop off from Tauranga Port
- Round-trip transport in comfortable modern mini-van/bus
- Two-course lunch with unlimited tea & coffee
- All entrance fees
- Official Maori guide and Maori cultural performance
- Polynesia Spa experience
- Gratuities (optional)
Prepare for the activity
Pick-up time will be sent to you after booking confirmation, depending on arrival and departure times of your ship.
All vehicles are modern manufactured 2017/18 vehicles with dual air-conditioning, UV protection glass and meet the highest safety standards.
Infant seats are available on request, please advise at time of booking.