From Tauranga Port: Hobbiton Movie Set Tour Shore Excursion
- Experience the real Middle Earth at the Hobbiton Movie Set on an official guided tour
- Listen as your knowledgeable guide shares insider tales about the making of the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy
- Have a drink on the house at the Green Dragon Inn
See the original location which was rebuilt for the latest Hobbit films. This was the original setting for Peter Jackson’s famous trilogy "The Lord of the Rings". Learn about how this location was chosen and how it was constructed, plus which scenes were filmed here.
Wander around the vegetable patches were Hobbits grow their food, with giant pumpkins lying around! Walk by the Mill and the famous Party Tree.
Indulge in a complimentary beverage from the Hobbit Southfarthing range, which encompasses two traditional ales, an apple cider or non-alcoholic ginger beer, all handcrafted and exclusive to the Hobbiton Movie Set. You also have a delicious range of traditional fayre available for purchase for lunch. Enjoy your food and drink in a comfortable armchair by the roaring fire or in the beer garden, overlooking the enchanting village.
- Tauranga Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport in an air-conditioned small-group vehicle
- Official Hobbiton guide
- Complementary Alcoholic drink or non-alcoholic drink
- Driver guide with full commentary throughout your journey to and from Hobbiton
- Food (can be purchased from the Green Dragon Pub)
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Please make your way along the wharf (there will only be one way to walk) through the Information tent and you will see the port gates. The guides will be standing on the other side of the gates, with the lead name on a name board. They wear a grey shirt with a lime green logo.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Comfortable clothes
- Electric wheelchairs