Bay of Plenty Full-Day Island & Wildlife Cruise
- Enjoy a full-day wildlife and adventure experience in the Bay of Plenty
- Explore surrounding islands and see seasonal marine wildlife
- Enjoy water sport activities such as kayaking, stand up paddle boarding and swimming
- Relax with a beverage from the bar onboard
- Listen to onboard commentary to learn about the Bay and local marine wildlife
Starting in the Tauranga Harbour, watch the city around you while your Captain provides you with fascinating commentary on the history, geography and culture of the area. With an extraordinary knowledge of marine wildlife, the Captain will personally share with you everything they observe. Books and references are also available on board to enhance your experience.
You will explore the aquatic world of seasonal marine wildlife; dolphins, seals, penguins, fish, and occasional whale encounters. The regular dolphin encounters can range from a few animals to hundreds. The Captain will stop and spend time with these mammals whenever they are spotted.
You can choose to explore even more at the islands; Matakana Island, Karewa Island and Motiti Island. Astrolabe Reef and Okapauru Reef are other fascinating hot spots to check out, here you have the chance to do optional activities including swimming, kayaks, and stand-up paddle boarding. You are welcome to bring your own snorkelling gear to explore the reefs.
There is a licensed bar on board should you wish to purchase refreshments throughout the tour, a great way to celebrate your experience on the way home!
With an 8:00 am departure, the cruise normally takes between 6 and 8 hours. Variations are due to the seasonal variations between summer and winter, daylight saving, clients commitment to time, sea conditions, weather, time spent with dolphins or other marine life as encountered.
- 6 to 8-hour cruise on a comfortable cruising vessel with a large open sun-deck and 360-degree views
- Experienced Captain and professional crew
- Live informative commentary
- Books and resources onboard
- Bathroom onboard
- Communal barbeque onboard
- Paddleboard and kayak use
- Lunch & drinks
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Winter clothing
- Sun hat
Feel free to bring swimming gear during summer and wetsuits and snorkelling gear if you are proficient.