Take in the spectacular views of Lake Taupo framed by Tongariro National Park's majestic snow capped mountain peaks. Learn of centuries of Maori tradition as you gaze upon spectacular rock carvings. Cruise around on a large, comfortable catamaran.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- COVID-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 1.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Wheelchair accessible
- Discover the renowned Maori Rock Carvings on a cruise
- Marvel at the beautiful panoramic scenery surrounding Taupo
- Enjoy guided commentary to learn about the lake and the carvings
- 1.5-hour cruise aboard a 2-story catamaran
- Experienced and professional local guide
- Life jackets
- Tea or coffee and a muffin
- Additional food
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Berth 4, Taupo Boat Harbour, Chris Jolly Outdoors Redoubt St, Taupo 3330, New Zealand. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to departure time.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
Know before you go
- Subject to favourable weather conditions. In the event of bad weather, it may not be possible to view the Maori Rock Carvings. This decision is made at the discretion of the skipper for the health and safety of all on board the vessel.
- Wheelchair access is dependent on lake levels and size of the wheelchair. You must call the office to book prior to traveling to see if the wheelchair can be accommodated.