From Kanazawa: World Heritage Shirakawa-go and Takayama Tour
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site Shirakawa-go, one of the most photogenic sites in Japan
- Stroll through the old town of Takayama before savoring a sake tasting
- Visit Hakuichi Gold Leaf Museum and enjoy a hands-on gold leaf experience
- Benefit from an English-speaking guide, free WiFi, and audio guides on the tour bus
- Choose to include a hida beef hoba yaki for lunch in Takayama
After meeting your guide in Kanazawa, depart on a comfortable air-conditioned coach toward Takayama, which has a 3-star ranking in the Michelin Guide. Discover old Japanese streets and farmers' markets with your guide, and take a photo of an old government building. Then, delight in a Japanese sake tasting at the sake brewery before savoring a beef hotpot lunch, if you select the lunch option.
Continue to Shirakawa-go after lunch. Once there, marvel at this settlement of houses with steep thatched roofs in the Gassho style, which look like hands joined in prayer. Enjoy walking around this heritage site and admire a superb view from the Ogimachi Castle ruins observation deck. Make sure to bring your camera.
From Shirakawa-go, make your way to the Hakuichi Gold Leaf Museum and find out more about a traditional Kanazawa craft. Enjoy a hands-on gold leaf experience making your own original work by sticking gold foil thinly stretched to a thousandth of a millimeter. Complete your museum visit by trying gold leaf ice cream, at your own expense, before heading back to the original meeting point where the tour concludes.
- English-speaking local guide
- Audio headset for audio guides in other languages than English
- Air-conditioned coach for transportation
- Free Wi-Fi onboard the coach
- All taxes, entrance fees, and handling charges
- Gold leaf experience fee
- Lunch (if option selected)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Additional food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Prepare for the activity
At the West Exit of JR Kanazawa Station in the Kanazawaekinishiguchikanko Bus Parking Lot, 1-chōme-6-802 Hirooka, Kanazawa, Ishikawa 920-0031, Japan. Look out for a member of staff holding a green and white flag.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
• Vegetarian option available upon request when booking