Taroko Gorge Full-Day Tour
Pickup includedPick-up service at any hotel in downtown Taipei City. You will be advised of the exact pick-up time when you re-confirm your tour.
- Visit one of Asia's 7 Wonders
- Round trip trains between Taipei and Hualien
- View the amazing marble cliffs of Taroko Gorge
- Travel through the Swallow Caves
- Enjoy a nature walk through the Shakadang Trail
Your excursion begins from Taipei where you'll travel by train to Hualien. Once you’ve arrived, you’ll be taken on a drive along a 12-mile stretch of highway built into the mesmerizing marble cliffs that rise high above the rushing Liwu River.
There are spectacular views of the marble walls and the winding river that runs through the deep Taroko Gorge. Your route will take you through a total of 38 tunnels including the Swallows Grotto, the Shakadang Trail, and the Marble Bridge of Motherly Devotion.
Swallow Caves is the name of a steep wall having thousands of small pockets where swallows used to nest.
Shakadang means "molar" in Taroko's language, the trail is near the park headquarters to the west. Through the tunnel of Shakadang about 1km from the headquarters, there is a Shakadang bridge connected to it.
Other popular stops you’ll see on the tour include the Eternal Spring Shrine and the scenic town of Tienhsiang.
After lunch you’ll visit Chi Hsing Beach and Stone Sculptural Park, return to Taipei at the end of the afternoon.
- Hotel to train station transfer
- Round trip train ticket between Hualien and Taipei
- Transfer from train station back to hotel
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Optional gratuities
- Pregnant women
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users