Sydney Opera House: West Side Story Ticket
- Watch a vibrant performance featuring Australia's most exciting young talent
- Witness original ground-breaking choreography
- Marvel at the ideal fusion of dance, music, and theatre
- Experience an internationally celebrated production of West Side Story
Bernstein’s world-famous score features unforgettable songs including ‘Maria’, ‘Tonight’, ‘Somewhere’, ‘America’ and ‘I Feel Pretty’, that have been universally adored for generations; proving this iconic dance musical remains one of the most poignant stage works of the twentieth century.
A modern retelling of Romeo and Juliet; this tragic love story tells the tale of two young people whose happiness is destroyed by the hate of two enemy camps in New York City’s urban jungle. The Jets, sons of previous immigrants to America, battle the new arrivals from Puerto Rico, the Sharks, for domination of the streets.
- Performance ticket to West Side Story at the Sydney Opera House
- Food and drinks
- Transport and parking
- Children under 12 years
Prepare for the activity
Sydney Opera House, Bennelong Point, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia. The performance takes place in the Joan Sutherland Theater. Your tickets will be available for collecting at the Sydney Opera House box office 1 hour before the performance starts, under the same name used for your GetYourGuide booking. Getting there: You will be required to provide photo ID to collect your tickets. It is not necessary to present this voucher. Many buses, trains and all ferries stop at Circular Quay. From there it is a 10-minute walk to the Sydney Opera House. Taxis can drop you off near the roundabout at the end of Macquarie Street.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
• An extra layer is advised because it can get cold in the theater
• This production contains strong language and adult themes; not recommended for children under the age of 12
• Smart or casual dress are both perfectly acceptable
• All bags will be checked at venue entry points. Please arrive 1 hour early to allow extra time to enter the theatre. All items larger than an A4 sheet of paper (21cm x 30cm) must be cloaked. The cloakroom is free.
• Photography, sound recording or any kind of filming is not permitted during the performance but you're welcome to take photos before and after the performance and at interval
• All the operas have English subtitles projected above and on the stage of the stage