Sydney Opera House: La Boheme by Opera Australia
- See a world-class opera at the iconic Sydney Opera House
- Experience the original bohemian love story
- Marvel at the incredible costumes and set design
A poet, a painter, a musician, and a philosopher walk into a bar to celebrate a sudden windfall in a lean winter. It’s Christmas Eve, and the poet has just felt the first pangs of great love. When a seamstress knocks on his door searching for candlelight, the pair fall in love.
Between the ideals of love and art, and the cruel realities of cold winters, bitter jealousies and empty pockets, two sets of lovers are trying to find their way. By the time the curtain comes down, you’ll know the answer to the eternal question, is love enough?
- Ticket to La Boheme
- Transport and parking
- Food and beverages
When you get there
Sydney Opera House main box office. The performance takes place in the Joan Sutherland Theater. Your tickets will be available for collecting at the Sydney Opera House box office one hour before the performance starts, under the same name used for your GetYourGuide booking. Getting there: You will be required to provide photo ID to collect your tickets. It is not necessary to present this voucher.Many buses, trains and all ferries stop at Circular Quay. From there it is a 10-minute walk to the Sydney Opera House. Taxis can drop you off near the roundabout at the end of Macquarie Street.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• An extra layer is advised because it can get cold in the theater
• All the operas have English subtitles projected above and on the stage of the stage. In 2019 La Bohème, Turandot and Madama Butterfly will also have Simplified Chinese subtitles.