Sydney: National Park and Aboriginal Explorer Tour + Cruise
Pickup includedHotel pick-up service at CBD hotels only at approximately 08:00.
- Experience one of Australia's most picturesque landscapes by land and water
- Journey back in time on a 2.5-hour scenic cruise on a 64 person power catamaran and see how Sydney Harbor may have looked like thousands of years ago
- Enjoy a 3-hour guided bus tour and be inspired by the breathtaking coastal views from one of Sydney's best lookouts
- Encounter Aboriginal culture by visiting one of Australia's most significant rock engraving sites and learn how the Aborigines lived off the land
- Discover Australia's early colonial history and the devastating impact it had on the local Aboriginal communities
Key to the visitor experience is the daily commentary comprising of more than 150 topics that highlight the diversity of the landscape, flora, fauna, geology and rich heritage of human occupation (both the first Australians and later colonial immigrants) found within the park. These themes are presented in a globally historical context and explained in a way that connects people to the Australian landscape as they come to understand it. This interpretation has evolved to closely match the seven of the key experiences that travelers look for when they visit Australia, namely: nature, Aboriginal, coastal, off-the-beaten-track, accessibility, an educational experience and a scenic boat ride.
Focus will be given to the rich Aboriginal culture of the Guringai clans, the traditional landowners and the legacy they left through the 1,500 example rock engravings, rock art and ochre stencils sites dotted around the park. It is through the interpretation of around 20 these sites that you will be educated about Aboriginal Dreamtime and creation stories, Aboriginal astronomy and bush foods and medicines, and how these were passed down through generations.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off service
- National park entry fees
- Morning tea
- gourmet bush tucker inspired lunch
- real) Coffee/ tea, beverages, fruit platter and Tim Tams