Shark Dive Xtreme at SEA LIFE Sydney
- Get up close to sharks and giant stingrays
- Experience the thrill of being face-to-face with marine life
- Dive without a cage in a 1.5 million liter oceanarium - no experience required
- Commemorate your experience with a special certificate of achievement
- Relax in the safe hands of your expert dive instructors - all training and equipment is provided
Check-in for your experience 30-minutes beforehand. Meet your friendly, expert instructor who will take you behind the scenes and ensure you are fully prepared. Your instructor doesn't just gear you up and send you in with the sharks! You'll complete a medical assessment declaration then receive a safety briefing before learning about the gear you'll need for the dive. Once you have all your gear on, enter the clear glass-walled training pool. Here you'll practice for your experience while admiring the wonderful marine life beyond the glass.
Under the expert care of your dive masters, descend into the 1.5-million liter oceanarium. During your dive, you’ll meet Grey Nurse Sharks and Sydney local marine life including sea turtles, huge stingrays, Port Jackson Sharks, Wobbegong Sharks, plus hundreds of other amazing sea creatures. You'll only ever be 3-meters deep. Pose for photos and videos throughout your incredible underwater experience. After about 30-minutes in the oceanarium, you'll be safely floated to the top and assisted out of your gear. Head off to the hot showers and then review the captivating images of your experience that will be available for purchase.
In the wild, Grey Nurse Shark populations are protected and in serious decline. Captive populations and breeding programs are very important in learning more about these amazing creatures. Dive with Murdoch and Freckles, the Grey Nurse Sharks who were both born at SEA LIFE attractions in Australia, and have now found a home at SEA LIFE Sydney.
- Guided tour of the shark tunnels
- Safety briefing
- Intro to SCUBA diving briefing and pool skills session (approx. 90-minutes)
- All dive gear and wetsuit
- 30-minute shark dive
- Expert guides/dive instructors
- Lockable changing rooms and hot showers
- De-brief after your dive
- Certificate of achievement - you dived and survived!
- Photos and videos (available for purchase on the day)
- Children under 14 years
Prepare for the activity
SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium, 5 Wheat Road, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. Please arrive at the Darling Harbor admission ticket desk to check-in 30-minutes before your allocated booking time. You can line up in the "Tour Guides & School Groups Queue" and look out for the "Divers! Please advance to the check-in at the admissions desk" sign.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Scuba Diving is physically demanding and can be dangerous if you suffer from certain medical conditions. It is very important that you, the diver, do not suffer from any contraindications to diving. Before making your booking, please carefully read the following list of medical conditions that may prohibit you from taking part in the activity for your own safety: asthma, heart disease, epilepsy, diabetes, chest conditions including pneumothorax, sinus conditions, ear problems/surgery, high blood pressure, pregnancy.
• All divers MUST be able to speak English and have a reasonable degree of swimming ability otherwise will not be able to dive with the sharks.
• Children aged 13 and younger cannot participate in this activity.
• Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult (18+)