Stavanger: Viking Bus Tour
- Join a Viking themed bus tour with a costumed guide
- Visit the Viking Voyages exhibition at the Museum of Archaeology
- Admire the 3 Swords Monument, where many brutal battles took place
- Explore the longhouses at the Iron Age Farm and learn about Viking daily life
- Witness the ancient and mysterious Doomstones monument
Make the first stop at the 3 Swords Monument, where many brutal battles took place. Then continue on to several other historical locations of great importance. Explore the longhouses at the Iron Age Farm, and hear about the daily chores from 1500 years ago. At Sola, stop at the Doomstones – an ancient, mysterious monument standing in a stone circle formation. Learn about how archeologists have not yet managed to explain the monument's purpose, but it is believed to have been a sacrificial site used by the Viking ancestors.
The tour ends back in Stavanger city where you will have the chance to visit the Viking Voyages exhibition at the Museum of Archaeology, University of Stavanger, free of charge. Complimentary tea or coffee will be served and you will receive your very own Viking Diploma so you can call yourself a true Viking!
- Pick-up and drop-off at Strandkaien pier
- All entrance tickets
- Coffee or tea at the Museum of Archaeology
- Viking Diploma
- Viking helmet to wear during the tour
Prepare for the activity
Right next to the Tourist Information point, Strandkaien 61, 4005 Stavanger. The Viking-tour guide will have a stand named "Tours and Excursions" and be there 1 hour before departure.Open in Google Maps ⟶
You might also like...
Product ID: 213204