Stavanger: Guided Preikestolen Hike
Pickup includedYour Stavanger accommodation.
- Get picked up from Stavanger city center
- Enjoy the fjords and mountains while being transported to the Preikestolen trailhead
- Gain access to hidden routes with exclusive photo opportunities
- Enjoy a well-deserved post-hike home-made soup at Preikestolen Lodge
After 2-3 hours of hiking, you’ll be rewarded with a panoramic view of some of the most dramatic scenery Fjord-Norway has to offer. From atop the 604-meter-high cliff, you’ll enjoy breathtaking views of Lysefjord and its surrounding mountains. Your guide will serve you a warm drink and snack while allowing you time to enjoy a well-deserved break at the cliff’s edge.
Following the break, you’ll be lead up to an exclusive viewpoint that overlooks both Preikestolen and the Lysefjord. From there, the views of the Lysefjord and its surrounding mountains are nothing short of awe-inspiring. If conditions permit on the way back down the trail, your guide will follow an alternate route to the Preikestolen Mountain Lodge, which will take about 2-2.5 hours.
Because it’s not found on any maps, the alternative trail avoids the crowds that typically ascend the mountain during the early afternoon, and therefore offers guests a more secluded experience. Back at the trailhead/Preikestolen Mountain Lodge, you’ll enjoy freshly-baked bread as well as some well-deserved bowl of homemade soup before being transported back to Stavanger.
- Stavanger pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Use of hiking poles
- Hot beverages and a snack
- A post-hike soup with freshly made bread
- Children under 6 years
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Backpack or bag
- Hiking shoes
- Rain gear