Half-Day Pompeii Tour from Sorrento with Ticket
- Travel back in time with the help of an official English-speaking guide
- Admire wonderful frescos, mosaics and remarkably intact wooden furniture
- Learn about the history of the destructive eruption of 79 AD and its consequences on the surrounding areas
- Get the chance to admire one of the oldest Amphitheatres in the world
Pompeii holds an intense fascination for visitors today. Following the eruption of the volcano Mount Vesuvius in the 79 A.D., Pompeii lay buried and forgotten for hundreds of years. The town is high on the list of the wonders of the world, and the excavations begun in the 18th century still continues to this day.
Your guide will take you through some of the ancient streets of Pompeii, where you can see baths, forums and villas built by the prosperous Romans in the year 80 B.C. Marvel at the fabulously preserved frescoes which adorned the walls and floors of the villas. Even if your interests do not lie in history, this is an archaeological site that cannot fail to impress you.
- Entrance fees to Pompeii
- Transportation with private bus and professional guide
- Authorized guide
- Pick-up at meeting points in Sorrento
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Prepare for the activity
Departure from Meeting points within Sorrento area Please reconfirm pick-up time and meeting point with the local service provider prior to travel. Note that departure times and locations may vary slightly.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Note that departure times and locations may vary.
• May be operated by a multi-lingual guide.
• A moderate amount of walking is involved.
• Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.