From Sofia: Belogradchik Rocks Full-Day Tour
Pickup includedYour hotel in Sofia at 8:30 AM.
- Spend your day visiting the rock formations and learning about their formation
- Learn more about the New 7 Wonders of Nature campaign
- Walk in Veneca Cave, one of the biggest caves in Bulgaria
- Explore the nearby Belogradchik Fortress
Many rocks have fantastic shapes and are associated with interesting legends. They are often named for people or objects they are thought to resemble, and on your tour, your guide might share some of these stories while pointing out the specific rocks and their names. The Belogradchik Rocks have also been declared a Natural Landmark by the Bulgarian government and are a major tourist attraction in the region.
At the top of a hill near to some of the rocks is also a medieval fortress, known as the Belogradchik Fortress, built when the region was part of the Roman Empire. You will have the opportunity to visit the fortress and behold its well-preserved and menacing facade. Later, you will also be taken to the nearby Veneca cave, an incredibly beautiful cave with modern colorful lights.
All entrance fees are included in the price and there will be time to stop for an optional lunch, which is not included.
- Entrance fees for the mentioned places
- Tour guide during the whole day
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Fuel and parking fees
- Personal expenses
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes