Piran/Portoroz: Skocjan Caves World Heritage Site Tour
Pickup includedPickup is available from any location within Piran and Portoroz area.
- Experience the Skocjan Caves, designated a World Heritage Site
- Learn about the Karst region's system of limestone caves and collapse dolines
- Discover the history of Slovenia with an English-speaking driver/escort
- Enjoy small-group transportation for up to 8 people in an air-conditioned vehicle
Your tour starts with a pickup at your cruise terminal or hotel in Piran or Portoroz. Ride in a comfortable, clean, air-conditioned car or van for the 1-hour drive to Skocjan Caves in Divaca. Your English-speaking driver will explain the history, politics, and interesting facts about Slovenia as you drive through the beautiful countryside.
Upon arrival at the caves, you will be escorted to the entrance and given tickets to join a larger group for a 2-hour, English-speaking tour by a local cave guide. You can explore the passageways of one of the world’s largest underground chambers with a total depth of 200 meters. Later, you will cross the Cerkvenik Bridge for a breathtaking view of the Reka River’s underground canyon.
After you exit the caves, you can take some time to buy souvenirs or enjoy a coffee or snack. You can then reconvene with your small group and driver to either enjoy an optional lunch at an authentic Slovenian restaurant or return directly to Piran or Portoroz.
- Cruise port or hotel pickup and drop off
- Comfortable air-conditioned car/van for up to 8 people
- English-speaking driver and cave tour guide
- Skip-the-line ticket entrance for the caves
- Basic insurance
- Complimentary bottle of water
- Food or other drinks
- Optional lunch at a traditional Slovenian restaurant
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
• Please note this tour includes around 300 steps and a difficulty scale of 3.5/5
• This tour operates in all weather conditions (please dress appropriately in case of wind or rain)
• Small groups of up to 8 guests is for transportation only (since the caves are under UNESCO protection, you will join a larger group for the tour
• Children aged 4 and younger are complimentary