Iceland: 3-Day Golden Circle, South Coast, & Glacier Tour
Pickup includedPickup is included from your hotel or other accommodations in Reykjavik. As buses are not allowed to drive in certain areas of Reykjavik center, your pick up may be from the nearest bus stop. You will be notified of your exact pickup location. Pickup takes place between 8:30 AM and 9:00 AM, so please be ready from 8:30 AM at your pickup location and look out for a bus with with the local partner's logos on it. If you do not require hotel pickup, you can meet the tour at the local partner's office at Fiskislóð 45M, 101 Reykjavik. Please notify the local partner directly if you intend to use this option and be there a few minutes before 8:20 AM.
- Explore the beautiful south coast of Iceland including the famous Golden Circle Route
- Explore the Geysir Geothermal Area with active geysers and hot springs
- Visit 5 magic waterfalls, Gullfoss (The Golden Waterfall), Seljalandsfoss, Gljufrabui, Skogafoss, and Irafoss
- Go on an amphibian boat tour at glacier lagoon
- Enjoy an unforgettable glacier hike on Solheimajokull glacier
You'll start day two of your tour by visiting the two great waterfalls of the south coast, Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss, as well as the two lesser-known waterfalls of Glufrabui and Irafoss. Then drive under the great Eyjafjallajökull glacier volcano to the Mýrdalsjökull glacier cap where you'll enjoy a 1.5-hour glacier hike to get a closer look at the Solheimajokull glacier. End the day at the great Reynisfjara beach, where the sea crashes on the black sands, and you can see the hexagonal basalt columns and black rock sea stacks. Overnight at the same guesthouse as the first day.
On the last day of your tour, take a closer look at majestic glaciers and lagoons. After a stop in the lovely village of Vik, you'll drive east to visit the waterfall Foss á Sidu and Skaftafell National Park. Then, head to the amazing Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon where you will have a boat tour, sailing on the lagoon. The lagoon is full of huge chunks of ice which crack off Breiðamerkurjökull glacier and float slowly out to sea. There is a good possibility of seeing seals swimming around the huge icebergs. At the end of your tour experience, head back to Reykjavik with an estimated arrival time of 9:15 PM.
- Pickup and drop-off within Reykjavik
- English-speaking guide
- Accommodation for 2 nights in a double or a twin room with shared bathroom (upgrade to a single room for 7,500 ISK)
- Guided blue ice hiking tour (necessary safety equipment for glacier hiking is supplied free of charge)
- Boat tour on the glacier lagoon
- Entry fee to Kerið Volcano Crater
- Free wifi on the bus
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
- Hiking shoes
- Luggage or large bags