Sintra: Kingdom of Love Private Walking Tour with Historian
- Discover an alternative side to Sintra and hear about its romantic history
- Explore the hills and woodlands that surround Sintra's castles
- Learn from an experienced local historian
With your guide, go off-the-beaten-track into a quieter part of the area. Climb the hills and wander through the woodlands as you discover romantic meeting-spots from the 18th and 19th centuries, documented through historic literature and personal memoirs.
Along the way, stop at a number of view points to admire the stunning surrounding landscapes and marvel at the nearby monuments including Pena Palace, Quinta da Regaleira, and Sintra National Palace. On the return part of the route, visit, from the outside, a number of houses and villas that reflect Sintra’s Romanticism era and hear the tales of the people who once lived here.
- You'll be provided with a safety vest so you can be safe and visible when on the road
- Inside access to the monuments
- Pregnant women
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
The meeting point will be at the entrance of a public garden. In the tiles of the left side of the gate you will read "Parque da Liberdade" and on the right side other tiles with "Patrimonio da Câmara Municipal de Sintra". Miguel Boim will be by one of those tile plates.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
• This walk is not recommended for people with limited mobility
• This walk is not recommended for people with cardiac conditions
• Since it is in the mountains you will find ups and downs in the route