Otres Beach: Sunset Stand-Up Paddle and Plankton Snorkeling
- Admire the sunset while savoring a picnic and drinks on the boat
- Be a part of a small group with two friendly guides, bilingual in English and French
- Take an unforgettable swim with the bioluminescent glowing plankton
After being given masks and snorkels, as well expert advice on snorkeling in the area, you’ll have 30 minutes to freely explore the crystal-clear waters. Life vests will be available as an option for those who wish to wear them. Afterwards, you’ll head back to the boat to be equipped with a SUP and an adjustable paddle. Explore the waters surrounding the island for about 1 hour, taking in the stunning sights of untouched natural beauty.
After enjoying the sunset from your SUP, head back to the boat to enjoy a picnic. Enjoy 1 soft drink or beer paired with bread, vegetables, and a tasty dip. As it grows dark, you’ll hop back into the warm waters to swim amongst the glowing, bioluminescent plankton that call the waters home. Swim through the sparkling water as it becomes brighter as you move through it. After your swim you’ll hop back on the boat for the 15 minute boat trip back to Otres, arriving around 7:30 PM.
- Top-quality SUP equipment: paddleboard chosen from a variety of sizes and styles, adjustable paddle, and ankle leash
- Snorkeling gear (mask and snorkel)
- Life vests
- A picnic consisting of fresh vegetables, bread, a tasty dip, and a drink (beer or soda)
- Dry bags and waterproof phone cases to safely store customer belongings
- Photos of the tour, taken by the guide and emailed to customers afterwards
- Pregnant women
Prepare for the activity
Meet on the beach in front of Naia Resort, Otres Beach II: Marina Road, Otres II Beach, Krong Preah Sihanouk 18000, Cambodia. Easy transport from Sihanoukville, Otres 1 or Otres Village by tuk-tuk. Look for your guide waiting on the beach with a stand-up paddleboard.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Sun hat
• Stand-up paddleboarding is easy to learn, and is therefore a great activity for people of all ages and experience levels. Instruction is always provided for beginners and all tours are accompanied by experienced guides.
• Young children who are not ready to paddle alone may choose to sit on the paddleboard of either one of their family members or one of the guides.
• It is recommended that all participants are comfortable with being in the water. Life vests are available to be worn for the duration of the tour and ankle leashes ensure that participants remain close to their paddleboard in the event that they fall into the water. If non-swimmers choose to participate, this will be at their own risk.
• It is not recommended for beginner paddlers to wear sunglasses due to the risk that they could be lost.